HOURS: Weekends required
Approx 20 hours/week
Under the leadership and guidance of the Program Director or assignee, the Party/Event Coordinator will be responsible for the planning, execution, staffing, supervision and outcome of parties and events.
- Coordinate party/event details including, but not limited to: scheduling of date, type of party/event, contract execution, scheduling of activities, scheduling of staff, securing and booking areas within facility.
- Review party details in program database to ensure all details and information is accurate.
- Ensure all payments and balances are collected prior to conclusion of party/event.
- Ensure clear communication occurs prior to party to ensure the expectations of the party/event are met, engaging Director when needed.
- Must have knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Arrive prior to the beginning of the party/event and ensure all equipment and party materials are set up and there are no safety concerns.
- Conduct party in a safe, engaging manner. Redirect behavior in a positive, encouraging manner, engaging parent/guardian, if need be, to ensure safety is always a priority as well as all participants having a positive experience.
- Display a pleasant, cheerful, enthusiastic and approachable manner, ensure that the party/event contact has an introduction to the Birthday Party Specialist or host.
- Ensure that support staff are aware of their responsibilities and are carrying them out in a positive manner.
- Communicate with the security staff or member services staff for any building issues that may arise.
- Communicate any issues or accidents to the appropriate Director or Coordinator.
- Ensure the equipment and supplies are neatly put away at conclusion of the event and the room is returned to operational standards provided by supervisor.
- Attend staff meetings, department meetings and training events per supervisor’s request and association policy.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- CPR, First-Aid
- Two to three years of party hosting experience or equivalent experience.
- Must have excellent communication skills, decision making skills and the ability to be a strong role model.
- Enthusiast, positive and engaging.
- A comprehensive understanding of YMCA policies, building operations as they apply to the areas being used for parties.
PHYSICAL REQURIEMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Normal amounts of walking, standing, sitting, running, jumping, lifting, pushing, pulling, speaking, reading, and writing.