POSITION SUMMARY: Under the supervision of the Director, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for supporting the Program/Administration Professionals while working in conjunction with the Director to satisfy all secretarial and administrative functions
- Prepare, type, collate, and copy correspondence, schedules, billing, brochures, sign-in and sign-out sheets etc. that support the child care center and administrative staff.
- Have a strong ability to utilize the current membership and operations system to run applicable reports and manage applicable data.
- Input and print data as needed.
- Prepare credit letters (as directed or approved by appropriate Director)
- Assist with phone calls and greeting of families and visitors.
- File, as needed, for program/administrative staff
- Assist directors in special projects as needed
- Understand and follow the “House Rules” as well as the Character Development standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and relationship building skills.
- Ability to work with a diverse population and maintain a professional attitude at all times.
- Computer knowledge as well as ability to prepare and proofread correspondence, memos, billing, camp brochures, and other printed materials and quickly adapt to a variety of software systems.
- An understanding of the operation and programs of the YMCA or similar experience.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.