Birthday Party Specialist
Pay Rate: $15/hour DOE
Under the leadership and guidance of the Program Director or Coordinator the Birthday Party Specialist will be responsible for the planning, supervision and outcome of the party.
- Essential that the Birthday Party Specialist has communicated with Coordinator/Director prior to party or with responsible person for party to ensure the expectations of the party are met.
- Must have knowledge of emergency procedures.
- Must arrive prior to the beginning of the party and ensure all equipment and party materials are set up and there are no safety concerns.
- Conduct party in a safe, engaging manner.Redirect behavior in a positive, encouraging manner, engaging parent/guardian if need be to ensure safety is always a priority as well as all participants having a positive experience.
- Display a pleasant, cheerful, enthusiastic and approachable manner, ensure that the party contact is aware that the Birthday Party Specialist is their point person.
- Ensure that support staff are aware of their responsibilities and are carrying them out in a positive manner.
- Communicate with the security staff or member services staff for any building issues that may arise.
- Communicate any issues or accidents to the appropriate Director or Coordinator.
- Ensure the equipment and supplies are neatly put away at conclusion of the event and the room is returned to operational standards provided by supervisor.
- Accurately clock in and out of timekeeping system.
- Attend staff meetings, department meetings and training events per supervisor’s request and association policy.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- CPR, First-Aid
- Two to three years of party hosting experience or equivalent experience.
- Must have excellent communication skills, decision making skills and the ability to be a strong role model.
- Enthusiast, positive and engaging.
- A comprehensive understanding of YMCA policies, building operations as they apply to the areas being used for parties.