Membership and Engagement Director
Under the supervision and guidance of the Director of Operations, the Membership Director will be responsible for the recruitment/retention of YMCA members and program participants. This will be accomplished through premier branch marketing and member appreciation strategies, promotions and events. This position will also be responsible for the efficient operation of the front desk, which will include: staffing, membership sales and renewals, dissemination of information, registrations and the monitoring of members. Digital and social media creation and posting.
- Hire, train, and supervise all membership department staff.
- Maintain and coordinate all front desk coverage.
- Develop schedule of member-based events.
- Continually train staff to embrace member friendly qualities.
- Develop and adhere to department budget.
- Recruit and retain members through member friendly services, & member center events.
- Maintain professional telephone answering and touring/interviewing procedures.
- Responsible for the ongoing proper collection and all reporting data for member related project and tracking. Including, but not limited to: tour counts, closing rates, and retention rates.
- In conjunction with the Department Advancement Team, the Membership Director will make and enforce membership policies and procedures.
- Will efficiently & effectively handle all customer service questions, comments, or concerns and will train staff to do the same.
- Continued training of entire membership staff on issues that pertain to member recruitment, retention & appreciation
- Solicit and facilitate corporate memberships.
- Strong ability to effectively use email, Twitter and Facebook as a form of marketing and connecting and an ability to be an administrator for social media outlets.
- Adhere to house rules and ensure the same for staff.
- Develop Branch program brochure, Branch promotional material, Branch social media posts.
- Create membership promotional material.
- Ensuring a significant presence on appropriate social media sites.
- Work closely with programmers to ensure good communication, accurate and timely information is available.
- Responsible for website updates of membership information.
- Join outside commissions and civic groups as deemed appropriate for marketing and community service.
- Provide a written training schedule, as well as staff development for department.
- Review staff according to YMCA policy.
- Must attend branch and corporate staff meetings and staff trainings as required by the YMCA or supervisor.
- Complete paperwork accurately and in a timely fashion.
- Be proficient in Microsoft products as well as have the ability to learn software that support the YMCA operations.
- Recognize and celebrate the four core values for the branch.
- AA, BS/BA degree in public relations, communications, or related field or education and experience.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Understanding of YMCA programming and offerings and be able to articulate the offerings to the public.
- Ability to communicate changes to websites and ensure outcome parallels marketing plan.
- Knowledge and understanding of the YMCA brand.
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
It is preferred that the Membership Director have a college degree in a field advantageous to this program. The Director should embrace the four YMCA Core Values of honesty, respect, caring & responsibility and must be able to impose upon his/her staff the importance of member relations that embrace these values. The Director must be capable of envisioning new & innovative ways to improve member service and a “family friendly YMCA”.
The Membership Director must be an advocate for a “member friendly facility”. He/she must be capable of keeping the desk staffed with competent, friendly, YMCA people