DEPARTMENT: Membership or Facility
SUPERVISOR: Membership or Facility Director
CLASSIFICATION: part-time, non-exempt
SALARY: $17.00 / hour
HOURS: M-F 4pm-9pm AND/OR 4 weeknights and one weekend
The individual will proactively support staff, positively engage with members and guests, and ensure the building operates in a safe manner. Utilizing a comprehensive understanding of current policies, procedures and emergency actions plans, will ensure the overall safety and wellbeing of members, guests, visitor and staff. The incumbent will be the primary responder to emergency situations.
- Build and foster positive relationship with members, guests and staff to ensure a welcoming and safe environment for all.
- Monitor building and grounds to ensure all areas are being appropriately utilized, are secured, and all health and safety protocols are being followed.
- Walk the building and grounds, inspecting all areas, both inside and outside, for risk, signs of vandalism or areas that need attention.
- Work in conjunction with department leaders, when needed, to articulate policies and procedures.
- Report any system issues immediately to appropriate manager. If the system needs urgent attention immediately reach out to designated manager or Branch Director of Operations.
- Participate in branch staff meetings and emergency action plan drills.
- Act as the point person for implementation of emergency evacuation plans.
- Ensure all accidents/incidents are documented and reported according to procedure.
- Communicate all emergency situations to Branch Director of Operations.
- Accurately record time in the current time management system.
Must be minimum of 21 years of age
Must have exceptional interpersonal skills
Have comprehensive knowledge of alarm systems and emergency actions plans.
CPR and First Aid certification
Professional, mature and reliable
Excellent verbal communication skills
Ability to read, write and communicate in writing
Ability to respond in an emergency
PHYSICAL REQURIEMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Ability to walk, stand, bend, reach, stretch, pull, push, lift and carry a maximum of 50 pounds., crawl.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Working conditions are normal for a YMCA facility environment containing both indoor and outdoor areas.
- Work may require week-end, early morning and late evening hours.