Lead Teacher-Infant & Toddler Classroom
The Lead Teacher, under the direction and coaching of the Center Director will be responsible for the class of children to which s/he has been assigned. S/he will be responsible for the planning and implementation of the curriculum, the health and safety of the children, communication with the parents and supervision of support staff. S/he will use the philosophy of the YMCA mission, the accreditation guidelines and the four core values of character development (honesty, caring, respect, and responsibility) to develop and implement a program of the highest quality where every child has the opportunity to reach their fullest potential
· CDA or AA Degree
· CPR/First Aid Certified
· Early Childhood Education degree a plus
· Familiarity with Creative Curriculum preferred.
· Must be dependable and a positive role model
· Carry out curriculum plans and daily activities for children
- Oversee the safety and location of all children in the babysitting area at all times.
- Provide a caring, safe, nurturing environment that is welcome to children and their family.
- Actively participate with children in activities.
- Ensure the cleanliness of all toys, equipment and supplies in the babysitting area
- Support and execute all procedures as directed.
- Greet parents/guardians and children upon arrival and departure in a positive, pro-active manner.
- Ensure proper sign-in and sign-out procedures are being completed by parent/guardian
- Communicate on an on-going basis with supervisor.
- Attend all mandatory meetings.
- All other duties as assigned.