Under the supervision and guidance of the Director, the Maintenance staff member will, perform “hands-on” duties that will support the overall cleanliness, upkeep and safety of the branch or center. He or she will also assist with maintenance projects deemed appropriate by the Director.
- High School or equivalency
- Minimum 2 years related experience – cleaning, landscaping, mechanical etc.
- Must have experience with various hand tools
- Previous maintenance experience is preferred
- Previous aquatic / pool management experience a plus
- Must have a pleasant, helpful personality and work as a team player
- Must be able to do minor lifting
- Complete assigned maintenance projects in a timely, safe fashion.
- Ensure all enhanced cleaning and sanitizing processes are followed without exception.
- Work in tandem with their supervisor to ensure all tasks assigned are completed.
- Work closely with the Senior Facility Director to ensure any areas of concern are addressed immediately and appropriately.
- Utilize all safety practices and guidelines ensure that all tasks are done in a safe manner and all PPEs are used appropriately.
- Report any findings of additional repairs or work needed immediately to the Director.
- Attend all mandatory meetings.
- Possess a clear understanding of YMCA core values and exemplify them when on duty.
- Follow “House Rules” and four core values.
- Accurately reflect hours worked utilizing the time recording method assigned.
- Follow assignments given by Director, including special projects and set-ups
- Communicate with Supervisor to ensure all areas of concern are communicated on a timely basis.
PHYSICAL REQURIEMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Ability to walk, sit, stand, bend, crawl, reach, stretch, pull, push, climb, lift and carry a maximum of 50 pounds.
- Ability to tolerate outdoor weather conditions (both heat and cold).
- Ability to hear and see to ensure the ability to take directions in various environments safely.
- Ability to communicate in writing and verbal to ensure safety requirements can be clearly understood.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Working conditions are normal for a YMCA facility environment containing both indoor and outdoor areas.
- Work may require week-end, early morning and late evening hours.