The Membership Services Representative will be responsible for the operation of the front desk. This includes greeting and engaging with members, guests and other staff, intake of all monies, answering phones, registering membership and program participants, answering questions, close-out shifts.
1. Ensure all health and safety guidelines are strictly adhered to.
2. Arrive on time and dressed in proper attire (i.e. a clean and presentable Y shirt, skirt or pants).
3. Answer phones in a professional and pleasant manner, help to prepare brochure and other marketing material as requested.
4. Refer callers to appropriate director or staff as needed.
5. Provide tours and complete tour cards for all prospective members, answer questions and distribute brochure and other written material as requested.
6. Greet guests and members upon their entering the building with a smile and a pleasant attitude, using Listen First skills to answer questions and gather information.
7. Process all membership applications, guest receipts, program registrations and sales. File all paperwork from the transaction in its proper place.
8. Keep the front desk neat, tidy, clean, organized and clear of clutter with information that is up-to-date.
9. Attend all required trainings suggested by supervisor and those that are mandatory (i.e. new employee orientation, blood borne pathogens).
10. Cover breaks and lunch hours when needed.
11. Punch in and out on time clock according to YMCA policy.
12. Always remember safety first - act and react at all times in a safe manner.
13. Communicate all problems with the supervisor (if in the evening, advise Security).
14. May be responsible for opening and closing the front desk, implement all opening and/or closing procedures accurately and completely.
15. Perform other job-related duties as requested and necessary.
16. Responsible for intake of monies/checks during shifts and completing close-out by ensuring close out envelop is deposited into safe.
· 18+ years of age, a minimum of a HS degree or equivalent, or in the process of completing.
· Previous related experience.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Basic computer skills and ability to perform data entry.
· Must be able to multi-task.
· Ability to remember and speak to many program and building operations.
· Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills are required.
· Must be able to relate to an extremely diverse population of people.
· Have the ability to be flexible and work as part of a team.
· The individual must be enthusiastic, pleasant, professional and patient.
PHYSICAL REQURIEMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Stand, sit, bend, kneel, lift (up to 25 pounds comfortably with assistance if needed), talk, hear, read, ability to focus on computer screen. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.