Under the supervision of the Aquatic Director/Assistant Aquatic Director or Pool Manager, the lifeguards will be responsible for the safety of all members during the hours of pool operation by being on deck, actively patrolling the pool area, constantly remaining alert and scanning, enforcing all pool rules, and other duties as assigned by the Director, Assistant Director or Pool Manager.
Multiple Locations: Metuchen, Edison, Woodbridge, South Amboy, Piscataway
Hours: Several shifts available
- A minimum of 16 years of age.
- Current lifesavings, First-Aid, CRP/AED and Oxygen certification – an opportunity does exist for individuals with strong aquatic background to be trained by the Y.
- Mature and responsible who can react without hesitation in a professional manner.
- Ability to enforce all pool rules fairly, effectively in a positive manner.
- Ability to use water testing kit and be part of the team accurately reflecting results.
- Ability to see and hear individuals and alarms in pool/pool area.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.